Seven Mile Beach (No Degrees of Seperation #3)



He was the treasure I couldn’t resist hunting anymore. Hidden, somewhere at the end of his seven-mile beach. Eyes like daggers, sharp as sea glass, and most would drown before they could sail past the reef to even see them. I was warned I’d hate the journey, and that no one knew the patterns of his winds.

He was foreign, but his currents might have pulled me home. Cold shock and sweetness flooded my mouth like no other ocean, and I drank it in half-crazy, losing sight of the surface. Simply swimming under a haze, and praying there wasn’t poison in the water.

He was built from jagged shorelines that sliced through my calloused feet, and the southern breeze blew strong, carrying the gentle rasp of a voice that could melt a stony heart into the sand that I just couldn’t hold on to. His coast was as beautiful and daring as it was barren and dark. No shelter from the oncoming storm, I had to leave the only man I knew who was an island.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breathless

Scarlet, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn.

For Her